Content is king. And building high-quality content that interests and persuades your audience is the best way of doing SEO. It is the secret to driving constant organic traffic to your website.
In this post, you’ll learn how to write SEO content that not only appeals to your readers but also drives in massive and relevant traffic. If you are looking for an SEO copywriter in Melbourne with top-level SEO experience then get in touch with us today!
So wasting no time, let’s dive in.
SEO Copywriting Checklist Guide
We have prepared this SEO copywriting guide with real implementation and a special focus on building linkable assets. Follow the step-by-step search engine optimisation checklist to produce awesome content and share your experience.
Step 1: Planning Your Objective
It is critical to plan before you start writing.
To begin with, whether you write a website page or a blog, there are a few key considerations that you should definitely take into account before you start writing. These include:
Goal planning: Set clear goals of what you want to achieve from the content. That will help you lay out a pathway of how you can achieve those goals.
Note: If you do not have a good plan, then you will struggle to produce problem-solving content, and hence it will have fewer chances of acquiring natural links.
Step 2: Research and Expectation
Conduct a competitive analysis with different SEO tools to know the level of effort you will have to put into producing content at least 5x better than your competition along with the time required to achieve the desired ranking.
For example, if your competition has a 1500 word blog, then you should aim to produce a minimum of 3000 or higher. It is also important to note that it’s not just about the word count but also about offering well-researched problem-solving content.
Step 3: Content Planning
By now, you know your page objective and the level of effort you may need to put, to reach your goal.
This task is very challenging and knowing how to solve the problem using content planning is an art.
Here, you decide how, where and when you’ll execute your content goals based on competition and research, with safe and best SEO practices. For this, you need to have a sound knowledge of good vs bad SEO.
Step 4: Writing Actual Content
Worry less about the word count and focus on producing quality content that would genuinely interest your readers.
With the correct approach, the word count problem will be solved naturally.
The start of the page should be engaging to keep the users interested or else it increases the bounce rate. Addition of digital and interactive media also plays an important role in enhancing user engagement.
Avoid thin content production and pay special attention to keywords canalisation.
How to Use Keywords In Content Writing?
Using keywords recklessly in your content can cause your website a lot of damage and affect your rankings negatively.
Whether it’s a blog post or a website page, there are definite rules to be followed for creating a balance of keywords within your content and avoid keyword stuffing.
- Use keywords in your Meta Title Tag and Meta Descriptions. Your SEO title tag and meta description indicates what the topic is all about. So try to include your primary keywords in the title tag and meta description that directly target your audience’s needs.
- Insert the main keywords in the headline of your blogs or website copy. A strong keyword optimised headline will give you more click-through rates and bring in more traffic.
- Include your keywords in the first 200 words of your introduction, subheadings and conclusion of your blog or web copy.
- Include primary keywords in the alt tags images included.
- You should try to insert primary keywords throughout your content once every 100-150 words.
Step 5: Include Media In Your Page
A page with a flat copy can be boring to read and generally have a high bounce rate.
Sometimes you can tell beautiful stories using graphics and a good balance of text.
Videos and Infographics are the most powerful tools which you can consider using within your content, particularly if you are in a competitive niche.
How to write SEO content for Business pages?
Business pages related to product and services are generally shorter than blogs and very specific.
The keywords used in writing a website content are more of commercial intent since it generally gives information about the company and its product and services.
Here are some basic guidelines on how to write an SEO optimised website content:
- The title should contain the primary keyword. Create interesting headlines as per your specifications and use variations of keywords throughout.
- Provide the most important information at the start and less important ones towards the bottom of the writing.
- Focus more on explaining the benefits of your products and services.
- Follow the best practices for keyword distribution, as mentioned above.
- Be concise and avoid using jargon words.
- Link to specific and relevant pages within your website.
- Use images to display your products.
- Always end the page with a call to action.
How to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts?
Unlike business pages, blogs and articles are general information based contents that provide a detailed solution to the problems of the people..
Here’s a brief guideline on how to write a good SEO blog post.
- Organise an outline for your content
- Follow all the mentioned keyword distribution methods.
- Write a compelling headline and introduction describing keyword intent to hook the readers.
- Always use long-tail keywords for your headings and subheadings.
- Write long-form and in-depth content.
- Use images, infographics, videos, charts, etc. in the blog post.
- Write short sentences and shorter paragraphs.
- Link externally to authoritative sites and internally to other pages of your site.
- Focus on getting links to your site from other relevant sites.
- Always write a conclusion with a call to action.
- Keep updating and promoting your content from time to time.