Website Design Cost Calculator
Website Design Pricing Chart
The starting website design pricing in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and in other parts of Australia starts with low for a few pages website but it can go higher for complex design and development needs. For example, an eCommerce website design in Australia will cost you more than a standard few pages website.
The most common types of web design pricing are listed below:
- Simple website 7 - 10 pages: $2,500 to $5,000+
- Custom designed website 7 - 10 page: $4,500 to $8,500+
- WordPress Website: $5,500 - $10,000+
- eCommerce website: $8,500 to $20,000+
- Magento / Shopify: $9,500 - $20,000+
How Much Does A Website Cost In Australia?
Every business has its own needs and requirements and hence they need a website tailored specifically to achieve the ultimate business objective. Some businesses may need leads whereas others need to sell products and services online.
Simple 7 - 10 pages website: $2,500 to $5,000+
This is suitable for businesses which generally run by word of mouth and they just need to have a simple website where they publish general information, services, opening hours etc.
In this option, static website design will cost $2,500 or more and any changes to the website need to be requested to the website management company which has an additional cost.
A CMS based website can be designed with the cost of $5,000 or more which will allow the business owner to change the content by themselves. With this option, the website manager can create an unlimited number of pages later as per the need. In this package, a free theme template or paid theme is used.
Custom 7 - 10 pages website: $4,500 to $8,500+
This process involves designing pages from scratch with greater branding, design, call to action and mobile consideration. The cost is impacted by custom design and CMS integration.
WordPress website design: $5,500 - $10,000+
It is one of the most popular website design platforms in the world. The WordPress website design pricing in Australia is $5,500 to $10,000+ depending on the requirement.
A simple website with limited functionality will have the lower end pricing and it will go up for advance design and development requirements.
eCommerce website: $8,500 to $20,000+
The cost of eCommerce website development cost in Australia is $8,500 to $20K+, the price can vary significantly based on the requirement.
Online store building cost is impacted by the number of products, design quality, platform selection, SEO consideration and more.
Generally, the cost of building an eCommerce site is higher than a standard few pages website as it has many components like homepage, category pages, cart, checkout, back-end, discount systems etc and hence programming an eCommerce site is a very time-consuming process and the cost gets reflected accordingly.
Magento / Shopify: $9,500 - $20,000+
Magento and Shopify are the two most popular eCommerce platform in the world. A simple Magento or Shopify store with limited products will cost around $10K and it will go high with increasing complexity.
Website Development Cost Factors
- Type of website: There are many different types of websites like static, CMS, eCommerce, and more. Based on the selection the price will be determined.
- Level of design and creativity: The cheapest option is to use a readymade template but you may not get the website tailored specifically to your brand. Custom designed solutions can be expensive but it comes with greater benefits.
- SEO planning: SEO planning and implementation during the website design is the best thing that can happen for a website.
- Mobile considerations & speed: A highly optimised mobile experience with a greater focus on speed can increase the workload and hence you may need to pay more for a high-quality service.
- Content production: In most cases, the client produces their own content but if you are not proficient in writing content then you can hire our SEO copywriter Melbourne service. Learn more about copywriting rates in Australia.
If you are just looking for a simple website to display your general business information with a few pages then you can opt for a simple cheap website design which might be the most cost-effective solution.
On the other hand, if you have a greater expectation from your website like to generate regular leads or sell products online then you must consider high-level website development service with greater SEO considerations to achieve the best outcome.
Website Design Sydney Prices
Check out the pricing chart above to get a full understanding of the web design cost in Sydney and it's same across Australia.
If you have very specific requirements then you can get in touch with our experts and discuss your design needs.
Website Design Price Estimator
We have come up with our very own easy to use website design cost calculator. This will serve as a boon for many businesses as you will get an estimate of the cost involved in designing and developing a website.
If you need a more accurate quote, then send us your web development requirements and we will provide you with a proper quote.
Is Cheap Website Design Worth It?
Generally, a cheap website design is not worth it as most likely it will not serve the purpose. The cost of a cheap website design is less than $2,000 in Australia which is generally designed using a template with a content replacement and it has no proper considerations of mobile as well as SEO.
In most cases, businesses who chose this option head to a new design in a very short time and they learn the hard way.
Affordable Website Design
If you are limited by the budget then instead of choosing the cheap option, you can discuss your requirements with our experts and we may be able to create a plan based on your budget to achieve your ultimate goal. Learn more about how to reduce design costs and build affordably.
Cost for Running A Website
In order to run a website, there are some fixed and some running cost. One of the major cost is the website design and development.
- Domain Name: Every one to two years you need to renew your domain name and it may cost you around $30 - $50.
- Website Design: One time fixed cost, explained above.
- Website Hosting Cost: Its a running cost and you can pay monthly or yearly. The average web hosting cost in Australia ranges from $150 per year to $500 per year. It is important to note that some platforms are more resource-intensive like Magento in that case you need a higher capacity hosting plan.
- Website Maintenance: Complex website may require regular maintenance where a standard website doesn't need regular maintenance. The cost is impacted by the type and complexity.
Should I get static or CMS website?
If you do not like to manage the website by your own then you can opt for a static website. CMS website is a good option as changes can be done with a greater speed and you may not need help from the webmaster.
How much budget should I allocate for my new website design?
Use the cost calculator tool to get an idea. If your requirement is complex then get in touch with us and we will provide you with a more accurate quote.
Is WordPress website ranks better?
Website ranking is not dependent on the individual platform. A good website with quality content and designed well with mobile consideration can rank well regardless of the platform you choose.